23 March 2012

Dreamer or realist?

Some people say you're either a dreamer or a realist. I'd like to think I'm a bit of both. I love to dream, but realistically I know that it's hard to achieve you dreams.
As a child I used to live for my dreams, I was such a day dreamer and I still do dream a lot. Especially when I'm on my own and have got time to think, like when I'm on the bus, I will just sit and and immerse myself in my dreams, thinking of every detail. When I was younger, I used to want my dreams to be true so much that I would make believe and pretend they were real. I love thinking of all the things I wish I could have, things I wish I could do and be, the things I want from life as well as the everything I want to give. But I don't believe that dreaming for all these things will lead me to have them, I know that in life you need to work hard to get what you want, things don't just happen, you need to make them happen. The hardest part is knowing how to get there. Some dreams seem so unrealistic that they seem impossible. I don't think anything's impossible. If you really want something, like really want it, then you will be able to get it. It's just hard to see the small steps you'll need to get there, and if you do know that, then it's motivation that you need. Sometimes I find it really hard to be motivated, quite honestly sometimes I just 'can't be bothered' and that's really not the attitude I want to have!
I hope I find a way to make my dreams come true. I know all this talk of 'dreams' has been a little vague but maybe one day I will share my dreams with you all.

While looking for an appropriate image to accompany this post I found these quotes
"Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be."

"Follow your dreams to reach your goals,
Follow your goals to reach your dreams."

No comments:

Post a Comment