14 July 2012

Lady at the Bus Stop

While waiting at the bus stop today I met a lovely old lady. She told me she was going to be 100 years old next year. I wouldn't have known if she hadn't have said, but how great it would be to reach that age.
She asked if I was from Cornwall, so I said I was. She said she was from a different country from me. Wales is where she was born and spent the first 15 years of her life. I thought it was nice that even though she'd spent most of her life in London she still considered herself to be from Wales.
She carried on to tell me some of the things she had done; that she'd been married for 56 years, had grandchildren as well as great-grandchildren. That in their house there was never any arguing, fall outs or bad language.
It was lovely to listen to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment