24 August 2014

Banana Pancakes


I have seen a lot of recipes for healthier versions of pancakes around the internet, specifically Pinterest. The healthiest of them all seems to be those made with just eggs and banana. I am a bit sceptical of how these would resemble pancakes and whether they would taste good, so I found something which would look and taste more like a traditional pancake. I didn't see how I would achieve a pancake mixture without at least a small amount of flour, and I only make this occasionally either when I want a more special breakfast or when I have ripe bananas to use up. They taste really good and are fluffy on the inside. Great served with fruit and a little maple syrup. Best thing is how quick and easy they are to make, perfect for breakfast!

Makes 6 and Serves 2-3 people

You will need:
½ Cup of Plain Flour
1½ tsp Granulated Sugar (Optional)
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
½ a beaten Egg
½ Cup of Milk (any kind will work, I used Almond Milk)
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 ripe Banana, mashed
¼ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Vanilla Extract  

Method:

1. Mix all the dry ingredients in medium sized bowl, and mix all the wet ingredients in a jug.
2. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined and the mixture is smooth. 
3. Heat a frying pan up to a medium heat. Use a ladle or ⅓ cup measure to spoon some mixture into the pan. Cook for a few minutes on each side or until starting to brown a little. 

Enjoy with any of your favourite pancake toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment