6 February 2015

Amazing Guacamole!


Up until recently I thought guacamole was a safe choice when looking for a healthy snack food at the supermarket. Little did I know that most shop brought guacamole's contain double cream. Not only is double cream high in saturated fats, but when trying to cut dairy out of my diet it was one of the least suspected places to find it. Using the recipe out of Deliciously Ella's new book as a guide, also on her blog here, I made my own guacamole for the first time. I was amazed at how simple, easy and, most importantly, delicious it was! I didn't have any fresh coriander on hand, so feel free to add some if you do.

To serve 1

You will need:
1 Ripe Avocado
3 Small Tomatoes 
1 Lime
1 Small Clove of Garlic
½ A Small Jalapeno Pepper
A little Salt

Method: 
1. Scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a bowl, removing the stone. Mash the avocado using a fork until only small chunks remain. Squeeze the juice from the lime into the bowl and mix in.
2. Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and cut into small pieces. Do the same with the jalapeno pepper and crush the garlic clove. Add these to the bowl, along with a pinch of salt and mix everything together. 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I usually put in some finely diced red onion.

    ReplyDelete